The behavioral health home model is a community support-based service focusing on the collaboration of medical needs and behavioral health needs. The support for each member is carried out through a team approach.
Team members include:
- Health Home Coordinators (Case Managers)
- Medical and Psychiatric Consultation
- Certified Youth and Family Support Peers
- Clinical Guidance
“So be sure when you step, step with care and great tact. And remember that life’s A Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed) Kid, you’ll move mountains.”
― Dr. Seuss
This team will support each member according to the individual treatment plan in the following domain areas:
- Coordination of care with medical/behavioral health professionals
- Assisting in referrals to resources that assist in maintaining members independence in the least restrictive environment.
- Provide crisis supports to prevent the need for a higher-level of care
- Problem solving barriers to effective treatment and building on coping skills
- Developing communication between the educational systems and families
- Monitor effectiveness of treatment through frequent team meetings
Target goals areas may include:
- Education Support (IEP, 504 plans)
- Behavioral Health referrals
- Medical care coordination
- Collaboration with natural supports
- Parent support and skills teaching
- Assessing barriers to treatment and building on strengths
ABHS will be with you each step of the way to provide the support at each stage of your child’s life.